To have flat, well conditioned abs you need to have strength in the core stabilising muscles. This printable core workout program consists of 10 exercises which focus on these muscles. The workouts get a bit harder each week, so that your strength gradually increases. At the end of the program, you should have:
- Increased strength in the core stabilising muscles
- Improved posture
- Improved flexibility in your spine, meaning less likelihood of back pain and injury
- Increased awareness of the core stabilising muscles and their ability to control the position of the pelvis
For effective core training, it’s essential to understand how to engage the deep abdominal muscles and stabilise the pelvis. The instruction booklet therefore starts with the basics of how to find and maintain the neutral pelvis position.
Included in the download
The printable core workout set is supplied as PDF files in both A4 and letter size. You will get:
- An exercise booklet explaining how to do all the exercises. Please pay careful attention to all the technique points, as correct technique is important for good results and to avoid injury.
- 2 exercise charts – one for weeks 1-3 and one for weeks 4-6. These give you the number of repetitions you should do of each exercise, or, in the case of the plank, how long you should hold it for.
- A tracker/scheduler sheet Write down the days you plan to do your workout each week and then tick off when completed. Scheduling your workouts and keeping track of whether you do them helps you to stick to your program. If you have a record of which workouts you’ve missed, it helps you to work out when are good or bad times you schedule your sessions.
Buy the printable core workout
Pay securely using the Stripe gateway and download your files instantly – follow these 3 simple steps:
- Click on the “buy now” button below.
- In the pop-up box, select which paper size you want (A4 or letter) and enter your card details, then click on pay.
- Click on the download link in the confirmation message.