Last updated on May 24th, 2022 at 07:31 am
This warm up routine covers the main muscle groups and is suitable for any of the workouts or challenges on this site. To learn more about why warm ups are important, see Warm up exercises – what you need to know for safety.
#1 Arm circles
- Stand with your feet about hip distance and then rotate your arms all the way round in front of your body.
- Do 3-5 in both inward and outward directions.
# 2 Calf raise
- Stand with your feet fairly close together.
- Lift your heels so that you rise up on your toes.
- Then lower your heels and arms and repeat for 10.
#3 March in place
- Have your feet normal walking distance apart and march in place.
- Make sure you lift your knees high and swing your arms, to get your muscles warm.
- Keep going for 30 seconds.
#4 Side bends
- Stand with your feet hip distance apart, then reach your right hand down towards the right foot.
- Make sure you don’t lean your body forwards or backwards, try to imagine you are in a narrow gap between 2 walls.
- Come back up to the centre and then repeat to the left.
- Do 10 reps to each side.
#5 Knee lift
- Raise your arms overhead.
- Lower your arms as you lift one knee.
- Raise your arms as you lower the knee.
- Lower your arms as you lift the other knee.
- Do 10 reps on each knee.
#6 Lunge behind
- Stand with your feet hip distance apart.
- Take your right leg out behind your body and tap your toes to the floor.
- Bring your leg back to starting position and then repeat on the left.
- Do 10 reps on each leg.