All you need for this glute workout routine is something comfortable to lie on. If you don’t have a mat, then you can use a folded blanket or quilt. For best results, do the workout 3 times per week and make sure you follow the instructions below for exercise technique.
Glute workout routine – exercise instructions
Side lying leg raise
- Lay on your side with your head supported on your arm and your other arm in front to help steady your body.
- Bend your underneath leg a little to give you a comfortable base of support.
- Making sure you don’t allow your body to lean backwards, lift and lower your leg. Keep your foot flexed and pointed slightly towards the floor.
Side lying leg circles
- Start off as for side lying leg raises.
- Raise your leg and then hold it in the raised position and circle from your hips in a clockwise direction.
- Complete the given number of reps and then reverse the direction.
- Start in an all-fours kneeling position.
- Keeping your back in place and your knee bent to 90 degrees, lift one leg out to to side.
- Lift as high as you can without rotating your spine, then lower and repeat.
- Get into an all-4s kneeling position.
- Making sure you keep your back held straight and your knee flexed at 90 degrees, lift one leg up towards the ceiling.
- Stop when your thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Lower and repeat
Before you do this workout, please read these safety guidelines.
Sign up for My Fitness Planner updates and get a free printable download of this workout e-mailed to you:
After you sign up, you’ll get 3 e-mails:
The first will ask you for a one-click confirmation of your subscription
Once you’ve confirmed, you’ll get a second e-mail with a link to your download and a separate welcome e-mail