If you want to focus on butt firming and lifting, then this daily butt workout is what you need. You’ll be doing over 1,000 reps of glute targeted exercises every week. There are 4 exercises, which between them work the 3 main butt muscles (the glutes). The workout takes about 10 minutes, so should be easy to fit into your daily routine. You can get a printable version of the workout, together with a tracker chart to mark your workout as done each day.
Notes on the workout
Before you do this workout, please read these safety guidelines.
You’ll be more comfortable doing this exercise on a cushioned surface. If you don’t have an exercise mat, then use a folded blanket or something similar.
Daily butt workout – exercise instructions
#1 Side lying leg raise
- Lay on your side with your head supported on your arm and your other arm in front to help steady your body.
- Bend your underneath leg a little to give you a comfortable base of support.
- Making sure you don’t allow your body to lean backwards, lift and lower your leg. Keep your foot flexed and pointed slightly towards the floor.
- When you’ve done 20, roll over and do the other leg.
#2 Side lying leg circles
- Start off as for side lying leg raises.
- Raise your leg and then hold it in the raised position and circle from your hips in a clockwise direction.
- Complete 10 reps and then reverse the direction.
- When you’ve done 10 each way, roll over and repeat on the other side.
#3 Fire hydrants
- Start in an all-fours kneeling position.
- Keeping your back in place and your knee bent to 90 degrees, lift one leg out to to side.
- Lift as high as you can without rotating your spine, then lower and repeat.
- When you’ve done 20 reps, repeat on the other side.
#4 Donkey kicks
- Get into an all-4s kneeling position.
- Making sure you keep your back held straight and your knee flexed at 90 degrees, lift one leg up towards the ceiling.
- Stop when your thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Lower and repeat for 20, then do 20 on the other side.
Sign up for My Fitness Planner updates and get a download link for the daily butt workout e-mailed to you
Get a printable of the exercises, plus a monthly tracker to keep yourself accountable.
After you sign up, you’ll get 2 e-mails, one will have a link to your printable download and the other will be a welcome e-mail.
If the e-mails haven’t turned up within a few minutes, please check your junk folder, as some service providers have very strict filters.