This quick and easy upper body workout for women can be done at home with no equipment. If you want to add a bit more challenge, however, you could do the arm circles and arm raises with hand weights.
Upper body workout exercise instructions
Before you start, warm up by doing a few shoulder shrugs. See more about warming up here.
Wall push up
- Stand at arms length from the wall, feet hip distance apart.
- Place your palms on the wall at chest height, a bit wider than shoulder distance.
- Allow your arms to bend at your elbows as you lean towards the wall, keeping your body in a straight line.
- Push yourself away from the wall back to your starting position.
- Stand with your feet about hip distance apart and take your arms up to shoulder height. Keep your shoulders relaxed – don’t shrug.
- Keeping your arms straight, circle them for the given no. of reps clockwise and then reverse the direction.
- Start in the same position as for arm circles, with your arms out straight to the side.
- Keeping your arms straight, touch your hands above your head, then reverse the movement.
Before you do this workout, please read these general exercise guidelines.
Get a printable of the workout
Subscribe to My Fitness Planner updates and get a link to a printable download of this workout e-mailed to you.
After you sign up, you’ll get 2 e-mails:
The first will ask you for a one-click confirmation of your subscription
Once you’ve confirmed, you’ll get a second e-mail with a link to your download
Related to upper body workout for women