If your problem areas need a bit of toning up to help you feel more confident on the beach, then try this 90 day bikini body challenge. It works on your thighs, butt and abs, with the exercises alternating in a 3 day pattern, so you focus specifically on one area each day.
90 day bikini body workout plan
General exercise guidelines
Please read these safety notes before you start the challenge.
If you don’t have a mat for the mat work legs and abs exercises, then use a folded blanket.
- Have your feet a little more than hip distance apart, parallel or slightly turned out.
- Bend at your knees and hips as you lower into squat position. Aim to get your thighs parallel with the floor.
- Come back up gently, making sure you don’t jerk your knees backwards. Repeat for the given number of reps.
#2 Side squat
- Stand with your feet together.
- Take your right leg out to the side as you lower into a wide squat position.
- Bring your right leg back to its starting position.
- Repeat to the left and keep alternating right and left until you have completed the given number of reps on each side.
#3 Squat & leg lift
- Stand with feet hip distance apart, as for a regular squat.
- Go down into a squat, then as you come up out of the squat, lift your right leg out to the side.
- Lower your leg, then squat down and repeat, taking your left leg to the side. Keep alternating right and left until you have completed all the reps.
- Arms: as you come into the squat, cross your arms in front of your body, then take them out to the side as you lift your leg out to the side – this pattern helps with balance and coordination.
#4 Basic crunch
- Lie with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor about hip distance apart.
- Put your hands behind your head to prevent neck strain. You should just be supporting your head, not pulling on it.
- Engage your abdominal muscles and curl your spine smoothly away from the floor.
- Stop when your shoulder blades have left the floor and start to reverse the movement. Again, it should be a smooth, curling movement on the way down.
#5 Reverse crunch
- This time, start by extending your legs so that they are vertical.
- Engage your lower abs as you curl your lower spine off the mat in a smooth curling movement.
- When your lower back has left the floor, start to reverse the movement – curl your spine back down under control.
#6 Bicycle crunch
- Start by lying on your back with your knees bent and feet lifted off the floor
- Bring your right knee towards your upper body and, at the same time, lift your left shoulder off the floor and reach your left elbow towards your right knee.
- Repeat on the other side.
#7 Donkey kicks
- Get into an all-4s kneeling position.
- Making sure you keep your back held straight and your knee flexed at 90 degrees, lift one leg up towards the ceiling. Stop when your thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Lower and repeat.
#8 Fire hydrants
- Start in an all-fours kneeling position.
- Keeping your back in place and your knee bent to 90 degrees, lift one leg out to the side.
- Lift as high as you can without rotating your hips, then lower and repeat.
These are the reps for each day. You can get a printable copy (3 sheet PDF) by entering your e-mail below.