Make your home cardio workouts more fun and varied with these workout circuits. Instead of having a set workout, pick one of the 8 combinations. The variety will help to keep your body challenged and stop your workouts from becoming stale. All 8 workouts have the same exercises, but the number of seconds for each circuit and the total number of circuits varies. The printable is a 4 sheet PDF, which you can cut into 8 workout cards if you want to. Read the exercise instructions here, then download the printable and get started with your fun cardio workouts!
Information about this workout
This is a high impact workout and is therefore more suited to those who already have a reasonable level of fitness. If you’re a beginner, it would be better to start with a walking program or a beginner running program to build up your cardio endurance.
Please make sure your joints and muscles are warm before doing the workout. This could be from general activity such as household chores or walking, alternatively, do this warm up.
Please also read these general exercise guidelines.
You should wear training shoes for this workout, to cushion the impact on your joints.
How to do the workout
You’ll need some sort of timer – either a phone app, a stop watch, or just a clock with a second hand.
The exercise instructions are below. Choose whichever workout variation you want to do. Do each exercise for the given time, then repeat the workout for the given number of sets.
Fun cardio workout – exercise instructions
- Stand with your feet together and arms by your side. Jump your legs wide as you take your arms over your head.
- Lower your arms as you jump your feet back together.
- It’s important that you don’t let your knees rotate inwards as you land. To help avoid this, turn your toes outwards slightly as you land.
#2 Mountain climbers
- Get into an all-4s position on the floor. Make sure your hands are directly below your shoulders.
- Take your legs out behind, keeping your back slightly curved.
- Now bring one knee at a time in towards your arms.
- Stand with your feet fairly close together, then bend your knees a little to prepare to jump.
- Take a small jump and rotate your whole body through 90o.
- Bend your knees as you land, then jump again and rotate back to the starting position.
#4 Jog in place
- Keep your shoulders back and abdominal muscles engaged.
- Focus on jogging in a controlled way, don’t land heavily on your feet.
#5 side leaps
- Start by standing with your feet close together.
- Raise your right knee, then jump sideways to the right, leading with your right leg.
- Follow through with your left leg, bringing your left foot close to your right.
- Now lift your left knee and repeat to the left.
#6 squat jumps
- Start in a squat position, with your arms down by your sides.
- Swing your arms up over your head as you push your toes off the ground and jump up,
- Come back down onto the floor in the starting position and repeat.
Download the printable (4 PDF sheets)
Enter your e-mail below to get a link to the cardio workout dice printable e-mailed to you
After you sign up, you’ll get 2 e-mails, one will have a link to your printable download and the other will be a welcome e-mail.
If the e-mails haven’t turned up within a few minutes, please check your junk folder, as some service providers have very strict filters.